Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hi! My name is Carli Kirkwood, and I'm Mommy to 5 beautiful children and Wife to a wonderful man. We are busy with homeschooling, sports, and I work a part-time outside of the home job. I've been scrapping/stamping/ and papercrafting for about 13 years now. I've always dreamed of being published or winning a contest, or even being recognized. I've decided that dreaming is fun, but it's time to take action. I have decided to MAKE spare time for myself to work on these things. Waiting for spare time to "happen" is not a reality. You're probably already aware of that, but it's taken me a long time to learn...


So, Yeah!! This is my first blog post...I love to papercraft!! Like I said, I'm sick and tired of saying someday....so here I am, diving in with both feet. I happened upon a blog, which I love, it is My Time, My Creations, My Stampendous. http://laurenm.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/index.php Lauren Meader is so talented. So anyway, she has posted a sketch challenge (which I love doing) and a call for more sketch designers. So now I take the plunge:


It's a darling notepad holder complete with sticky notes, pencil and fun quotes. All this closes up and is held under a very cute 5"x7 " clipboard. I just love it!

Here is the original sketch:


I hope you like...I had a lot of fun making it...it's now in hiding for one of my dd's; they are both avid fastpitch players!!



4 comments:

  1. welcome to world of blogging..have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever card! I really like how you used the sketch to create the gatefold effect!! So cute :O)

    Welcome to the wonderful, addictive world of blogging! Looks like you're off to a great start (and I love the cute blog design)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I am so impressed with the darling clipboard softball creation! I'm equally impressed with your Blog site, so attractive and also a very interesting read, but then, it's also 'close to home'. ggg
    With love,
    The Tree from which my little creative apple fell
    (aka Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Carli, great BLOG, glad to see your creations, looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete