Tuesday, April 28, 2009

SPRING CLEANING!!!!

Good Morning. Hey, I like this traffic feed thing....people are stopping by. Please, leave a comment. I know this blog is kinda "empty" but I gotta start somewhere. I'm still learning how to label and assemble the blog, so please be patient with me.

Well, I wish I could say I spent the weekend designing in my studio, but instead I spent the weekend rearranging it. Hubby built me a 30x12 room annexed to our shop a couple of years ago. I just have too much stuff. I decided to eliminate a table and do some complete rearranging. Now keep in mind, I dont' have all that "fancy" stuff you see in magazines. I have collected and pieced together all sorts of stuff from garage sales and hand-me-downs. I had a fun vision to use a retro '70's theme in my room, hence the wall border that was inspired by a piece of DCWV patterned paper.

These are photos of "in progress." It was kind of an afterthought to take photos of before & after. I hope you come back to see the project evolve. I'm in a big hurry to get it down, but life makes it's demands. My goal is 30-60 min a day.....


OK, so here's the big mess! Under normal circumstances I'd be mortified to even dream of posting this to the world. But I KNOW that this is a step. This is NOT how this is going to stay.



These are cardboard shelves that I picked up at a local gift shop that was discontinuing her stamping supplies. They weren't free, but they were real cheap. I painted them to match the room. Wish I had painted the inside back or covered it with paper. I'll have to get back to that down the road, when the room is done!!





These shelves my dh picked up several years ago. We had a friend who was a construction worker and on a job remodeling a pharmacy. They were just tossing out these shallow metal shelves. I painted them up and they are perfect for magazine and such. I obviously need to do some reorganizing here as well. I wanted you to see though, that it pays to be frugal....






Oops, I almost forgot. This is a snippet of the border painted across the top of the room. Another unfinished project however. I still need to add the vines around the flowers. Oh, and finish the rest of the walls. I started this when pregnant with #5. Imagine being 40 wks, standing on a ladder, and painting with an artist brush all these flowers. Let's just say, it got tedious. Hence, baby was born and I've not yet been inspired to finish....I think it was more of a nesting project.....hmm, something I haven't even contemplated yet.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Carli, great look to your blog. I enjoyed reading the little snippets into your life. You have a great start on your studio! I'll be back to check the progress. Darlene from aMuseme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous! I want a studio! definately post more pics- I love your thrifty treasures :)and the retro theme is too cool.

    Jami from aMUSEme

    ReplyDelete